Saturday, June 26, 2010

A colour pallette is formed



This painting of the St Tropez coastline became a key inspirational image. Using the colour's of this painting helped me to narrow down my final brief. I loved the idea of St Tropez, its wealthy socialites partying on their yachts, sipping Mimosa's for breakfast. I wanted however to infuse this with the beach culture I am more used to, one that centres around a more relaxed way of life that I had experienced myself in Queensland and Bali. A kind of fusion of Australin attitude with St Tropez style and culture.




I played around with the idea of each piece of the collection being a part of 'her' day...from morning through to the evening, dressing up for each occasion. This idea wasn't really flowing and it wasn't until I really had a solid idea of who 'she' was that I felt I was ready to begin designing. I needed to get on top of this quick smart because although I was sticking quite well to my timeline I was going to start pushing it if I didn't get on with it soon.
I needed to finalise my look. Attitude was really important. Rather than a broad array of inspiration I could that my design concept was going to end up really specific.




So .... who is 'she' ?

No comments:

Post a Comment