Thursday, November 25, 2010

It's all over!

Well, it's all over! Hard to believe that after three years, I am finished! It feels great, but kind of sad too. I will miss being at TAFE, we were like a little family and I will certainly miss that.

The Parade went really well, actually, it was amazing! Everyone's collections looked fantastic and it was an incredible feeling to see my pieces up on the catwalk on such beautiful girls. I can honestly say that I am really happy with the way that it went.

My collection was not the most outlandish or avant garde but it was hopefully stylish, chic and sexy. I wanted a professional looking range that I could use as the base for a possible label and I think I achieved that. I got some great feedback from people and I feel really happy with the result.

After all the stress, hard work and pressure I feel relieved that it is all over but more importantly, I am really inspired to continue with fashion! My confidence in myself has grown immensely and I am now looking to a future full of opportunities, not a future I want to shy away from, which for me, is a remarkable accomplishment.

I am unhappy with my time management for the last two months prior to the parade. I started off great but procrastination got the better of me and I ended up stressing myself out. However, compared to how I was at the beginnning of this course, my time management skills have improved greatly so I can only continue trying!
At least I didn't have a break down : )

I have called my label Loviena Resort, I like it, it conjures up images of cocktails, surf, sand and of course, my favourite place in Bali.

I am definitely inspired to continue with fashion and will be working hard to get a range together to sell at the Gilles Street Markets early next year!














I just had to add this image...I know we're not supposed to but, I just love it and I'm hoping to work with Bek, the photogrpaher, in the not too distant future!



From January I will be starting a bespoke venture...I have been asked by a number of people already if I could make individual, one-off dresses, jackets and swimsuits so I am keen to get going! Swimwear may take a little longer as I haven't worked out the best place to order wholesale swimsuit fabric I'll be setting up an official facebook page soon.

Keep a look out for Loviena Resort Ready to Wear and Made to Measure in 2011!



1 comment:

  1. Nice blog! I like your writing way. I'm doing practice GRE here: masteryourgre.com . I hope it's useful for GRE test takers.

    ReplyDelete