Saturday, October 23, 2010

Two weeks to go! I've taken a break from my sewing machine to get on my blog. My last entry was a bit schmultzy. I'm going to take this entry in a much more fashion focused direction. I got a second wind with my whole collection and feel really strongly about the direction I am taking now, and perhaps into the future.
Procrastinating when I'm stressed and under the pump is somthing I do extaordinarily well! I've put together a collection of images that I find inspiring.

Enjoy
///Audrey Hepburn has been an idol of mine from about the age of 10 when I first saw My Fair Lady. I love Alexa Chung, she is so effortlessly chic. Nicole Richie, as much as I hate to say it, is a current style icon of mine. She has come a long way since 'The Simple Life' with Paris Hilton. I love her Winter Kate line and am envious of her vintage Halston pieces! She has my wardrobe!
///I took inspiration from the colours, style and culture of St Tropez in the south of France for my collection. Originally it played a key role in my design process which wasn't going to have swimwear but obviously has evolved from that because I now have four swimsuit pieces in the collection.
/// I just adore Halston! I never really knew much about him and what he achieved in the 70's. So many of the sillouettes for dresses used in contemporary design are taken from his bias draped, revealing disco gowns. He unashamedly designed for the 'beautiful people' as he called them...at the time women like Bianca Jagger and Lauren Hutton. I have a newfound love for the 70's since starting my collection, in fact, I've become rather obsessed! So much of it fashion wise was awful but SO much of it was so chic and pure sex...Love it!
/// LOVE TOM FORD. LOVE HIS CAMPAIGNS>BIG IINSPIRATION FOR KEY LOOK AND PHOTOGRAPHY SHOOT
///I have already featured Abby Lee in an earlier blog but these images are from the Vogue story that really began it all for me. Big big inspiration. (Australian Vogue, March 2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment